About the job
Kwalee is a leading independent mobile game developer and publisher based in Leamington Spa – the UK’s biggest gaming hub outside Greater London and a great place to live – along with growing teams in Bangalore and Beijing.
Now the largest hypercasual games publisher in the UK, Kwalee is a company known globally thanks to half a billion downloads for hit mobile games including Draw it, Bake it, Shootout 3D, Rocket Sky and many more. These successes have driven rapid growth in recent years and with exciting new projects in the works for Nintendo Switch and PC alongside the studio’s hypercasual specialism, Kwalee shows no signs of slowing down!
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters for many years, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of mobile gaming experts. Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays. Could your idea be the next global hit?
As a Python Tools Programmer you will help build tools and technologies that market and monetise Kwalee games all over the world.
You love to write efficient code and tackle hard puzzles, you like working with a committed team.
You’ll be part of a team that will be based in the new office that we’re going to open in Bangalore.
What you tell your friends you do
“I write code that keeps Kwalee games at the top of the charts!”
What you will really be doing
– Write python programs to keep Kwalee at the cutting edge of automation and technology
– Work with the data science team to implement machine learning solutions at scale
– Develop successful prototype tools into highly tested automated programs
– Work with the marketing, publishing and development teams to understand the problems they are facing and how to solve them
How you will be doing this
– You’ll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary and creative team and work closely with them to coordinate efforts and get the best results.
– You’ll think creatively and will be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
– You’ll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you can get it. We even have a robot!
Our talented team is our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with around 100 staff where you’ll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important decisions. You’ll work within an extremely experienced, passionate and diverse team, including David Darling and the creator of the Micro Machines video games.
Skills and requirements
– A proven track record of writing high quality program code in Python
– Experience with machine learning python frameworks and libraries such as Tensorflow and Scikit-Learn
– The ability to write quick scripts to accelerate manual tasks
– Knowledge of NoSQL and SQL databases like Couchbase, Elasticsearch and PostgreSQL will be helpful but not necessary
– An avid interest in the development, marketing and monetisation of mobile games
We offer a generous benefits package to all our employees that includes a team profit sharing scheme from day 1 of employment among other perks.
We firmly believe in creativity and innovation and that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences. A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team...Apply For This Job
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected...Apply For This Job
If you are someone geared at gaming, then we believe you can bring the latest coding practices in the gaming...Apply For This Job
– 2+ years experience in Unity3D as game developer. – Strong skills in 3D mathematics. – Fluent in C# with...Apply For This Job
We are looking for a talented Unity Developer with a minimum 2yrs experience to join our team. As a Unity...Apply For This Job