About the job
Kwalee is a leading independent mobile game developer and publisher based in Leamington Spa – the UK’s biggest gaming hub outside Greater London and a great place to live – along with growing teams in Bangalore and Beijing.
Now the largest hypercasual games publisher in the UK, Kwalee is a company known globally thanks to half a billion downloads for hit mobile games including Draw it, Bake it, Shootout 3D, Rocket Sky and many more. These successes have driven rapid growth in recent years and with exciting new projects in the works for Nintendo Switch and PC alongside the studio’s hypercasual specialism, Kwalee shows no signs of slowing down!
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters for many years, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of mobile gaming experts. Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays. Could your idea be the next global hit?
As Full Stack Engineer you will write code that will run on 100s of servers thousands of times a second helping our games run smoothly, you will have to work out how to deal with massive amounts of data efficiently, train machines to crunch data and generally play around with the latest and greatest in tech.
You love to write efficient code and tackle hard puzzles, you like working with a committed team.
You can either work from our amazing offices in Bangalore or REMOTELY!
What you tell your friends you do
“I’m the hero of the day, when actually I only needed to fix one line of code”
What you will really be doing
– Contributing to the design and architecture of our servers using Python with Flask deployed on AWS EC2 Servers.
– Implementing server features to robustly support millions of mobile game players.
– You’ll be working with a worldwide multi cluster Couchbase and Elasticsearch database.
– Interfacing with other teams on any server-related issues affecting them.
How you will be doing this
– You’ll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary and creative team and work closely with them to coordinate efforts and get the best results.
– You’ll think creatively and will be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
– You’ll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you can get it. We even have a robot!
Our talented team is our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with around 100 staff where you’ll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important decisions. You’ll work within an extremely experienced, passionate and diverse team, including David Darling and the creator of the Micro Machines video games.
Skills and requirements
– A proven track record of writing high quality database and program code for servers with Python. We are considering different levels of experience (from several months to years).
– The ability to write quick scripts to accelerate manual tasks.
– Knowledge of NoSQL databases (Couchbase, MongoDB, Cassandra, Memcache,etc.) could be useful but it’s not mandatory.
– Knowledge of Unix, Linux or equivalent development environments
– Some experience in game development would be a plus, although it’s not necessary.
– An avid interest in either console, PC or mobile games.
We offer a generous benefits package to all our employees that includes a team profit sharing scheme from day 1 of employment among other perks.
We firmly believe in creativity and innovation and that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.
About Gameberry Labs With 25M+ MAU, our games are thrilling adventures for designers, engineers, strategists and artists. We believe in...Apply For This Job
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences. A career at Rockstar is about being part of a team working...Apply For This Job
Overview : – Knowledge of WebGL. – Knowledge of converting unity games to browser games. – Knowledge of animation tools...Apply For This Job
– 2+ years experience in Unity3D as game developer. – Strong skills in 3D mathematics. – Fluent in C# with...Apply For This Job
About the job We are looking for Devops & Reliability Engineers to build top notch, tech driven devops processes for...Apply For This Job