About the job
Kwalee is a leading independent mobile game developer and publisher based in Leamington Spa – the UK’s biggest gaming hub outside Greater London and a great place to live – along with growing teams in Bangalore and Beijing.
Now the largest hypercasual games publisher in the UK, Kwalee is a company known globally thanks to half a billion downloads for hit mobile games including Draw it, Bake it, Shootout 3D, Rocket Sky and many more. These successes have driven rapid growth in recent years and with exciting new projects in the works for Nintendo Switch and PC alongside the studio’s hypercasual specialism, Kwalee shows no signs of slowing down!
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters for many years, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of mobile gaming experts. Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays. Could your idea be the next global hit?
As Monetisation Game Designer you have experience creating key monetisation systems within F2P games. You’ll work closely with every department to create monetisation opportunities for our games.
You can either work REMOTELY or in our Bangalore office surrounded by a great bunch of people!
What you tell your friends you do
“My mission is that you enjoy our games so much, that you won’t be able to stop playing!”
What you will really be doing
– Working as part of the design team, designing monetisation strategies for existing and upcoming games with a focus on In-app purchases.
– Working with functionality designers to create compelling purchasing opportunities.
– Evolving and adapting game designs based on play testing, feedback and live metrics.
– Working with the analytics department, driving long term player engagement by understanding mobile players needs and motivations.
– Working with the different departments to manage content and pricing for in-game purchases
– Analysing of emerging F2P monetisation trends
How you will be doing this
– You’ll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary and creative team and work closely with them to make our games as fun as they can be.
– You’ll think creatively and be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
– You’ll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you can get it. We even have a robot!
Our talented team is our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with around 100 staff where you’ll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important decisions. You’ll work within an extremely experienced, passionate and diverse team, including David Darling and the creator of the Micro Machines video games.
Skills and requirements
– A minimum of 3 years experience in a monetisation design role with at least one published game.
– Experience working with F2P mobile games.
– Strong written and verbal communication skills.
– Expert knowledge of mobile free-to-play game monetisation.
– Ability to work creatively in a demanding team environment.
– Absolute passion for playing and making video games, especially mobile games.
– Strong creative ideas and imagination, able to entertain players with challenges, humour, surprises and fun.
– Positive attitude, self driven and able to work alone or as part of a team.
– Unity experience.
– Background in economics, marketing, data science or similar.
– Creative writing skills.
– Coding / prototyping skills.
– Experience of mobile game live ops, A/B testing and telemetry.
– Knowledge of mobile game market, trends, competition, platforms and app stores.
– Desire to learn about ad-based monetisation and improve our efforts in hypercasual as well.
– You can either work remotely or in our Leamington Spa office surrounded by an amazing team!
– We want everyone involved in our games to share our success, that’s why we have a generous team profit sharing scheme from day 1 of employment
– In addition to a competitive salary we also contribute to your pension, offer private medical cover and life assurance
– Creative Wednesdays! (Complete freedom to design and make your own games every Wednesday)
– Access to on site gym – no more skiving!
– 25 days of paid holidays plus bank holidays
– Great work-life balance with flexible working hours
– Quarterly team building days – work hard, play hard!
– Entertainment area with consoles, pool table, tennis table and darts!
– Monthly employee awards
– Free snacks, fruit and drinks
We firmly believe in creativity and innovation and that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.
About the job Kwalee is one of the world’s leading multiplatform game publishers, with well over 600 million downloads worldwide...Apply For This Job
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected...Apply For This Job
About the job Kwalee is a leading independent mobile game developer and publisher based in Leamington Spa – the UK’s...Apply For This Job
The Gameplay Designer will set the vision for gameplay design in the game, drive that vision by directly building gameplay...Apply For This Job
Responsibilities – Design exciting and engaging levels – Participate in production related meetings as and when necessary – Design game...Apply For This Job